Installing Memcache PHP Extension
Installing Memcache PHP extension article will explain how to install Memcache dll file both in Xampp and Wamp servers.
Follow the below steps for Installing Memcache PHP Extension in Wamp or Xampp
1) Download the memcache php extension zip file form this link
2) Unzip and find the php_memcache.dll file.
3) For Xampp server place the dll file in D:\xampp\php\ext folder. Here considering that Xampp is installed in D Drive.
4) For Wamp server place the dll file in D:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.9-1\ext folder. Here considering that Wamp is installed in D Drive.
5) Open the php.ini file which is located at D:\xampp\php or D:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.9-1\ for Xampp or Wamp servers respectively
6) Find and replace
7) If you cannot find this line simply add the following to the extensions list
8) Restart the server ( Wamp/Xampp)
To check the Installation is success or not
- Please create a php file (phpinfo.php) some where in the wamp/xampp.
- Run that file through browser.
- Search for Memcache in the page .
- If you can see it, means the installation is success and is working fine.
Note : If you have any errors, it will most likely be because the php extension didn’t run. Check the webserver error log to see if it had problems starting. The most common problem is the version of memcache.dll is not compatible with the version of php you are running.
Read Installation of Memcached service on Windows here
Read Installation of Memcached service on Ubuntu here